Beaulieu International Group (B.I.G.) is a global specialist in raw chemical materials (polymers), semi-finished engineered solutions (yarns, fibres, technical textiles) and is a leader in a broad range of floor coverings for the residential and commercial markets (vinyl rolls, vinyl planks, laminate, parquet, carpet, needle felt, artificial grass and mats) as well as upholstery fabrics.
B.I.G. is headquartered in Belgium and employs 4,700 people worldwide. We have production sites in 17 countries across Eurasia, America and Oceania and serve customers in 140 countries. B.I.G. reported a turnover of 1,7 bn. euro in 2020.
At Beaulieu International Group, we work with purpose and passion to build the future.
Our spirit of enterprise and ambition are the drivers of permanent added value for customers, employees, suppliers, shareholders and the society we work in.
Description de la fonction
A new challenge?
Join as Innovation Business Partner Polymers & Engineered solutions and determine the future course of B.I.G.
Main responsibilities and key tasks
The Innovation Business Partner partners with the business to:
* Assess & define the innovation gap: where do we need to go to reach the future? Where are we today?
* Set up a balanced innovation roadmap (taking into account the pulse of the market, sustainability, …)
* Propose and secure the innovation portfolio, in balance with the investment strategy. For this, you map on a regular basis the (innovation) project portfolio of the different businesses using the defined methodology and assess the future needs.
* Together with the VP and the Group Innovation director you determine where to put priorities and where to shift/change resources (FTE’s, €, timing)
* Deliver on innovation, leveraging the Center of Excellence and the Innovation Talent Pool
* Maximize innovation efficiency by having a constant exchange with the Center of Excellence and other Innovation business partners
* Maximize innovation efficiency by applying for subsidies (national, international)
* Drive innovation excellence across B.I.G. to new heights
* Stimulate and act as an example of collaboration
* Play a key role in the steering committee of the largest key projects
* Play a role in the development of the business (business models, markets, …) + challenge and assist to build the strategy, taking into account a broader view on sustainability, digitalization, …
He/she reports to the Group Innovation Director and to the Vice President Polymers & engineered products.
Competencies and skills
* Leadership : build trust, win commitment, recognize and manage influencers; personal influence effectiveness : persuade and inform; political savvy, resilience, high tolerance for ambiguity, puts the team interest first
* People & team manager : coaching; develop motivate and recognize people, spread knowledge
* Result driven and proactive : Create added value, Goal and priority setting, Business awareness
* Passionate about innovation
* Subject matter expert in one or more of the following domains: polymer materials, fibres, non-wovens, performance fabrics, composites,...
Dutch and other languages preferred but optional
You’re at the helm of innovation for a major part of B.I.G.
You‘re joining a growing company with respect for its people, passion for its products and striving for continuous innovation
An attractive remuneration package
A challenging future in an international context with numerous internal opportunities