The Field Account Manager will be responsible for revenue growth within an assigned group of Cell Therapy focused accounts, proactively selling the full range of the BioProcess and Lab Products and Services portfolio, and developing strong customer relationships in order to leverage our position within the target organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for proactively selling the full range of the bioprocess and lab products and services portfolio by both in-person and remote interaction to assigned accounts.
- Meet growth targets and objectives for assigned accounts
- Research and develop prospects within the assigned account mix
- Identify key decision makers and gain an understanding of the best approach to communicate and build relationships
- Leverage Sartorius’ Solutions to solve critical customer challenges from early development to commercial manufacturing
- Support existing business within the assigned accounts, and uncover additional opportunities (both up and downstream)
- Analyze customer needs, develop solutions and present our offerings
- Work closely with Technical teams, Marketing partners and internal stakeholders, utilizing these resources to support value offerings throughout the entire sales process.
- Conduct customer presentations, demonstrations and negotiations; provide quotations, close the deal with the customer
- Continuously monitor and pay close attention to market changes, both for competition as well as best practices. Communicate these changes to relevant internal parties to be poised to proactively respond.
- Customer focused time up to 70%
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a Life Science/Biotechnology discipline or a related field or 5+ years of relevant practical experience with a demonstrated ability and proven competency to work effectively as an Account Manager within the biopharmaceutical industry.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 1 year sales and account management experience in the biopharmaceutical industry or 3 years selling relevant technologies into a parallel industry.
- A minimum 1 year Experience within the Cell and Gene Therapy Market Space
- Ability to interact within all levels of target organizations
- Clear and articulate communication style
- Effective presentation skills
- Proactive, goal driven and collaborative attitude
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Financial acumen
- Understanding of Complex Sales Processes
- Ability to analyze sales data, identify trends, and develop sales strategy
- Experience with Salesforce CRM preferred.
Working Conditions/Environment :
- Ability to travel up to 40% (Adjusted based on Sales region)
We look for employees who would like to grow with us and move the innovative life sciences sector forward. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams and working as equals. Sartorius thrives as a company with people who give their very best every day and who are eager to develop personally and professionally.
Further insights into our world of work can be found here.