Avanade is looking for a candidate to join the Security Talent Community with the role of Data Protection Consultant. This role is predominantly a client-facing delivery focused role providing the unique opportunity to help our clients solve complex and cutting-edge Data Protection business challenges across the Microsoft 365 platform, end-user devices, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures.
What will you be doing?
In a client-facing consultancy role, you will work on exciting projects that transform our client’s Security strategy and operations through the design and implementation of predominantly Microsoft Threat Protection technologies. As a member of our security practice, you will work for both Avanade and Accenture clients, ranging from medium to large global enterprise clients. Join a curious and diverse team that’s passionate about next-gen tech and establish yourself as a Leader in the Cyber Defense space. Together, let’s transform cybersecurity.
What is expected from you?
You are a Data Protection Consultant interested in joining our rapidly growing security practice, your skills may include some of the following soft skills as well as the technical skills we require:
You have experience in working with the design and implementation of Microsoft Security technology solutions.
You are experienced ensuring you deliver what is stated in a contract.
You are open to support and develop more junior team members.
You are dedicated and deliver high quality deliverables and outcomes.
- Have a passion for Microsoft Security solutions and the ambition to deepen and develop yourself in this area in the coming years.
- A good understanding of the underlying Identity and Access management solutions required to operate Microsoft 365.
- Understanding of techniques and approaches towards the protection of data stored in Microsoft solutions or platforms (Azure storage, databases, and applications).
- Understanding of Data confidentiality, integrity, and availability principles.
- Some understanding of the business, privacy, security, and compliance challenges surrounding Data Protection, including being able to research and understand data privacy requirements.
- With an eye to the future, you are aware of emerging technologies in the Data Protection space.
- Nice to have previous experience with third-party tools and cross related experience with:
Good understanding and ability to articulate compliance frameworks (GDPR, HIPAA, PCI, etc).
Broad conceptual understanding of Data Governance and Data Protection concepts.
Data Loss Protection.
- You should have worked with or knowledge on one or multiple of the following Microsoft Information Protection subjects such as:
Securing Office 365, leveraging Microsoft Secure Score.
Understanding of Microsoft Information Protection with data classification infrastructures and techniques to classify data both on-premises and in the cloud
Relevant experience with Data Loss Prevention technologies across endpoints.
Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
MCAS - Connecting Apps, Azure App Configuration, Cloud Storage Apps, Cloud App Alerts and Managing Alerts.
AIP & MIP - Azure Rights Management, Authentication, Classification and Labelling.
DLP - Data Discovery & Classification, DLP Risk, Limitations, and Considerations, Data Lifecycle Stages, DLP Templates, Configuring custom DLP policies.
- Knowledge/experience of MS integrations:
Azure Active Directory
MS Defender (for Office365, for Endpoint, For Identity, MCAS)
- You are not required to be an expert on all areas and products listed above but should be able to work with them when required.
- Certifications with Microsoft or on the area of Information Protection are preferable, or you are eager to earn them such as:
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate (MS-500)
Azure Security Engineer Associate (AZ-500)
Information Protection Administrator Associate (SC-400)
SSCP or CCSP
- Fluency in either French or Dutch, and English is mandatory.
- Preferably possess a completed bachelor's or master's degree or have equivalent experience on the area.
What can Avanade offer you?
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year (17 of the last 20 years), with exceptional development and training (minimum 80 hours per year for training and paid certifications). Knowledge development is our focus, and we ensure this by offering training throughout our partners (Microsoft and non-Microsoft) and certification support to get you skilled and certified.
- We have very attractive benefits, Private Medical Cover, Income Protection Policy, Extended benefits, Bonus, generous pension and much more!
- Besides an interesting package of benefits, you will become part of an active and growing Security community in what we call Gallia Security team (Belgium, France, and Netherlands).
- We have a strong focus on the career and development opportunities of all our people. Everyone has a career advisor who will work with you to create a plan and guide you in choosing from the many training opportunities we offer.
- Avanade University - real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally.
- Engaged and helpful co-workers genuinely interested in you.
- Reward and Recognition scheme.